The dig house, its history and its staff
The expedition house used from 1975 to 2009 was built around 1930 by Lauer for Firth and has since been the British house. The present expedition was allowed to use it because of its past links with the Egypt Exploration Society. The house was situated to the north of the Teti pyramid on the edge of the Saqqara plateau. It was closed and partly dismantled in 2009.
From 2010 onwards, the expedition hires one of the new purpose-built dighouses constructed by the SCA at the foot of the Saqqara plateau, and directly underneath the former house.
|The domestic staff
The domestic staff consists of the brothers Atef and Amr.